Thursday, December 22, 2011

Strawberry Cheesecake Santas

My husband and I had friends over for a bit of pre-holiday celebration which made me want to whip up some sort of holiday treat. I found a version of these Santa strawberries that I thought were just ok looking on a website but they were definitely missing something. The Santa's I found were made just from whip cream, which is boring. So it was my duty, really, to bring to life more excitement in these little holiday creatures. Here are mine:

Strawberry cheesecake Santas www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

Strawberry cheesecake Santas www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com


After I cut the strawberries I switched the whip cream filling with no-bake cheese cake filling. I sat them on a bed of graham cracker, and I decided the whip cream could stay but only for dipping and only if it was homemade. The cheese cake was easy enough right out of the no-bake box which conveniently had the graham cracker crust already included. I used chopped chocolate chips for the eyes. The whip cream is 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 table spoon powered sugar, 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, 1 cup whipping or heavy cream whipped together at high speed until fluffy enough to look like whip cream. Perfect holiday bite sized strawberry cheesecake Santa snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment