Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Rainbow Connection Cookies

So we all know how I feel about the Muppets. It's no secret. Today I felt like giving a little shout out to my pal Kermit by making him these sweet cookies. Here's the condensed version of what I just did:


Allow me to explain in a little more detail.

First thing is first. Make or buy your sugar cookies. I made ours just because I was too lazy this morning to go to the store and buy a tube of the Pilsbury kind. Anyway, divide the dough into 6 separate bowls and add separate food coloring to each bowl so you have 1 each of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.


Roll each color into individual balls about the size of a grape.


Take one ball of each color and roll into a larger ball about the size of a ping pong ball.


Roll, kindergarten snake style, a long line out of your rainbow ball, twisting as you go. The twisting is important, it's what gives your cookies the complete rainbow effect. 


Then wrap your line into a small pinwheel and bake on a baking sheet at 350ยบ for 10-11 minutes. I rolled some of my edges in colored sprinkles but that's totally your decision to make based on how sugared out you feel like being.




I suppose this would work for any holiday. You could do white, green and red for Christmas, orange with black for Halloween, red, white and blue for 4th of July etc... But I was in a rainbow connection mood today.






Feel like VOTING?

No comments:

Post a Comment