Friday, November 9, 2012

Catching Up About Dressing Up

Hello!!

It's been a crazy week and a half and I've been slacking on the blogging so it seems.

Lets play some catch up:

In chronological order, Kalynn went as an adorable Snow White for Halloween this year (Marilyn Monroe last year HERE). As hard as I tried to convince her that Scarlet O'Hara from Gone With The Wind was the way to go, she had other ideas. But she looked beautiful, she had a blast (as well as a giant sugar rush for 3 days) and all in all the whole day went virtually flawless.

Jason and I took her downtown to the Old Town Fort Collins Tiny Tot Halloween Trick or Treat Festival. She, along with a bijillion other dressed up under-5ers, walked from business to business politely holding their baskets and saying "trick or treat" while graciously accepting their one piece of candy before saying a heartfelt "thank you" and moving onto the next business. (You can guess if that's correctly what happened)




She had a mound of sugar before the evening festivities even began.

After many months of deliberation, I ended up being Han Solo this year. I tried to convince Jason to be Princess Leia, but he clearly wasn't interested in that idea. So he opted out of dressing up. (Regardless, I looked awesomely badass.)

Between my double back-to-back shifts at JJ's Lounge, I had a couple hours to run home and take Kalynn trick-or-treating. My sister finished working in Denver just in time to meet up with us as well, so it turned out to be the perfect end to the day.

2 days later, my mom came for a visit which is always a blast for Kalynn. The two of them played for 48 hours straight while I worked and Jason watched movies.


And a few days after that:

The big election! This was a race I've been personally paying a ton of attention to and I was excited to take Kalynn with me for her first voting experience. However somehow when I told her "lets go vote for president!" her sweet little ears heard me say "lets go to a boat with presents!" and I had a minor meltdown on my hands at the polling place when she realized she had been mislead. But after it was over, she got a handful of stickers and a lollipop so all was well with the world again.



It was a productive week at the Fuller Farm. Things are settling down, glucose highs are ending, Halloween decor is back in the garage, political ads are finally off high rotation. Time to figure out what to do with all of this leftover candy!

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween!!

.

1 comment:

  1. For a male audience you really hit the mark -- brief, entertaining and plenty of visual stimulation. So, what was the result of this "election" you mentioned?

    ReplyDelete