Friday, November 16, 2012

Left Over Halloween Candy



This was the pile of Halloween candy Kalynn had before noon from trick or treating downtown. By the end of the night it had multiplied and by morning I had a mound of chocolate that I didn't know how to contain. It was like I fed a mogwai after midnight and it had turned into something unnatural and out of control.

My brain immediately went into damage control mode and I tried to figure out what the hell I was going to do with it all.

Just eating it seemed so boring.

So I decided to pull out my fancy ice cream maker, whip up a batch of vanilla and at the very end of the churning process I dumped in 2 cups of chopped Kit-Kats, 3 Musketeers, M&M's, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Whatchamacallits.

One of the best things I've ever made.


I also decided to make a left over half Snickers / half Butterfinger cheesecake
What to do with left over halloween candy: candy bar cheesecake recipe www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com


(Whoever invented this pie pan is a genius by the way.)

So two cheesecakes and a tub of ice cream has taken out quite a dent in our dilemma.

That being said, we still have an assload to unload.

If you have suggestions, please let me know!

On a side note, it's been freezing cold here. We've been staying indoors, eating chili and crafting. So far we've made a hand print turkey:

Thanksgiving craft ideas for toddlers and kids: handprint turkey art www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

The Pinta (or maybe the Nina or Santa Maria)

Thanksgiving craft ideas for toddlers and kids: handprint Christpoher Columbus  art www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

We've also watched Pocahontas a million times and made our own costume:


Thanksgiving craft ideas for toddlers and kids: hand painted Pocahontas outfit with cut out hand headdress  art www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

I hope everyone is staying warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment