Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens

My husband and I have taken Kalynn to the tiny (in comparison) 26 acre Fullerton Arboretum (California) in the past and she absolutely loves it. I guess in my brain when we pulled up to the OP Arboretum and Botanical Gardens parking lot today I assumed it would be somewhat like that, but I was clearly mistaken. This place is ginormous. Over 300 hundred acres of ginormous; complete with hybrid trees and shrubs, botanicals gardens, ponds, play areas, a straw maze, tunnels, statues, streams, water falls and even a shiny red train car to boot. I'm not kidding, this place is a gold mine to tucker out your littlest one. And it's completely free, so there's nothing in the world that can beat that. All of you Kansans who are starting to plan your summer activities, this is the place to be!












P.S. Good luck tonight, KU! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

No comments:

Post a Comment