Saturday, October 27, 2012

Let It Snow

So I walked out of work on Wednesday night to this:


I know to normal Coloradans this isn't anything out of the ordinary, but to me, this is something I've been dreaming about since we made the decision to move. The thought of having actual seasons, of Fall feeling like Fall and Winter feeling like Winter, was enough to warm my heart. So when we woke up the next morning and looked out our windows to our first real snow, we were all abnormally excited.


Kalynn's never seen snow. She saw very short lived flurries a few weeks ago and kept asking what the "funny rain" was, but she's never been able to hold it, to play with it, or make a snowball. She's seen it on television plenty of times, but never in real life. So to be able to see snow again for the very first time through her eyes was pretty priceless.

She even constructed her very first snowman (and named him Spongebob)

I was in charge of the button nose and 2 eyes made out of coal

Kalynn gave him some arms

There's never going to be another first snowman. This is a day I will remember in my mind every winter to come. And it couldn't have been any more perfect.

Well...

Maybe if it was a little warmer...

and I had a hot toddie...

...

No comments:

Post a Comment