Saturday, October 20, 2012

Oops! I Craft My Pants

Last week Kalynn saw her first snow. It didn't stick, but it came down pretty hard for a little bit. So we ran outside and played for a few minutes until we got too cold and then came inside to find something warm to do. 


We really had no choice but to throw ourselves head first into a crafting whirlwind for about 4 days. 

These are some of my favs:

After we went to the pumpkin patch last weekend, we came home with this gorgeous little pumpkin and needed something to do with it. Kalynn is clearly too little to be carving anything, but I didn't want her to miss out on the gutting and getting dirty part, so I needed to come up with some sort of alternative.


She still got to get messy and scoop out all of the guts and seeds.


After the seeds were washed, we let them dry and a few hours later we glued them on some new refrigerator art.

Halloween craft idea for toddlers and kids: glue pumpkin seeds on a construction paper pumpkin www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

Construction paper and glue goes a long way in this house.

Halloween craft idea for toddlers and kids: glue pumpkin seeds on a construction paper pumpkin www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

We also watched It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, and decided we needed a Jack-O-Lantern. Since our pumpkin has already molded (even though we carved it only a few short days ago), I grabbed the next best thing. Again, construction paper and Elmers. The only instructions I gave her were to make 2 eyes, a nose, and a mouth.
Halloween craft idea for toddlers and kids: construction paper and paper plate jack-o-lantern www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

It's pretty much the best looking Jack-O-Lantern I've ever seen in my life. For whatever reason, it totally reminds me of Bill Murray...

Halloween craft idea for toddlers and kids: construction paper and paper plate jack-o-lantern www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

Most holidays, I get obsessed with hand and feet art. For me, it's a reminder which I can pull out and gush over her tiny little digits from the year prior. This year we made a ghost. (Michael's Arts and Crafts stores has all of their canvas on sale this week)

Halloween craft idea for toddlers and kids: canvas foot print ghost "Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet"  www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

We've also painted some ghosties from the fallen maple tree leaves in front of our house.

Halloween craft idea for toddlers and kids: paint ghosts out of fallen maple leaves www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

So now I'm pretty much out of ideas and anyone that knows me knows I need to get in as much Halloweeny type stuff as possible in the next 11 days. 

So if anyone has any ideas...

Let us know!
.

4 comments:

  1. Really cute, Krista! Love the foot ghost :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the creativity! You should be working as a preschool teacher. I so miss the day's of Jason's art work's hanging on our refrigerator door.

    ReplyDelete