Monday, May 21, 2012

English Ranch Park

First thing first. The Brighter Writer is now on Facebook! "Like" The Brighter Writer HERE!


Ok, so yesterday after looking at a friend's Instagram photo of her pair of running shoes, I was instantly motivated to try my first post-move jog. I figured, it had been a week in the new altitude. I could finally walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded, I was fully hydrated, and it was gorgeous outside. So off I went.




I can't believe I live backed right up to this gorgeous trail. And if the actual trail itself wasn't perfect enough, I passed this little pond and a kitty that thought he was invisible if he laid flat enough with his head in a shadow. 



But my main reason for heading this way was to scope out any neighborhood parks for Kalynn, which 3/4 of a mile down the road, I came across. English Ranch Park.


(complete with mountain view)

and clean public restrooms, gazebo, and grills!



 Living on the Front Range has it's perks. Check out this view of the Rockies! I wish this picture could do them justice!


We were even able to pile on some sunglasses and catch a quick view of the solar eclipse. Because what's better than the Moon being able to dull the sunlight? Nothing. The Moon can pretty much do whatever it wants to. You know, because it's a bad ass. 

I've also been told I've neglected to post the last few May Photo-a-day. So here they are, for your viewing pleasure:

Day 14: Grass

Day 15: Love (me and my sis circa 1982)

Day 16: What You're Reading

Day 17: Snack

Day 18 & 19 (combo shot) Something You Made (my bed) & A Favorite Place (New York City)

Day 20: Something You Can't Live Without (Kalynn's nap time)

Day 21: Where You Stand (Center most point in Disneyland; taken last month)



No comments:

Post a Comment